The first time I stepped into the gym and picked up a dumbbell I knew what I wanted, but I didn't have a clue what to do. If I had the knowledge I have now back then, I would have saved a lot of time and money. Here are some golden tips that I'd like to share with you so that you don't make the same mistakes.
1. You don't need to eat crazy amounts of protein to make gains. 1g per lb. of bodyweight a day is fine
2. Supplements are unnecessary if your diet is on point
3. You don't have to eat exclusively 'clean' foods to make gains or shed fat. Aim for predominantly nutritious foods and include the odd bit of not quite so nutritious stuff here and there if you fancy
4. Carbs don't make you fat, a sustained excess of calories does
5. To make gains you should consume a slight surplus of calories. To shed fat you should be in a calorie deficit